Hey all, I really apologize for the lack of nail posts lately – I’ve been quite busy and just haven’t had much time to post things on here. I have also been trying to figure out what else to post on this blog- beauty related things. So anyway, I hope you enjoy this one, it’s more like a “swatch” post. This is the latest colour in my collection, just picked it up the other day and have been wearing it for the past 2 days – late post, I know. It is Revlon’s IMPULSIVE, it’s a dulled/muted purple colour(although I feel like it looks really bright in this photo), I quite like it, I feel like it would be a nice colour for the fall/winter season. Also some other one’s that I would like to check out by Revlon are some blues – specifically, DREAMER, CHIC, and FASHIONISTA – they would be absolutely perfect for fall and winter.
1. What’s your favorite nail polish company?
- Drugstore – Revlon
- Non Drugstore – China Glaze/OPI
2. Glitter or no glitter?
- It really depends since I hate taking glitter off, but I guess overall..I would say no glitter. But an accent nail with glitter is always nice.
3. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
- China Glaze.
4. When do you change your nail polish?
- Every 2-4 days 😛
5. What’s your favorite color on your nails?
- Probably some shade of blue or purple.
6. Darks or Brights?
- Depends on the season! Maybe in between-y?
7. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
- Revlon – IMPULSIVE
8. Matte Nails–In or Out?
- Not my thing, regardless of the trend.
9. French Manicure?
10. Favorite Winter/Summer Color?
- Winter – Dark purple/blue or some sort of metallic colour.
- Summer – Brighter colours, maybe pinks/bright blues/purples
Don’t even criticize on the application of this. Seriously. This nail polish and I have a love-hate relationship. I LOVE the colour, HATE the application. First coat – you can barely see it, yet it still takes a while to dry. Second coat- meh, it’s still too sheer. Third coat- starting to feel a bit too thick because of the jelly consistency. Since this is such a popular colour, I really wish that they fixed up the formula a bit. 😦 But the colour itself is an awesome summer colour, but I definitely prefer the consistency and application of For Audrey by China Glaze to this, even though they are different colours, this is more green-turquoise.
Products I Used:
- Turquoise and Caicos – Essie
- In The Spotlight – Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear
Arm candy is super trendy these days. Stacking bracelets of all sorts of varieties looks super fashionable. Mix and match, or have a specific colour theme, do what you want and it’ll look FABULOUS. Check these out for some ideas.
***I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR ANY OF THESE PICTURES FOR THEY ARE NOT MINE***
The weather was looking nice so I decided to change up my nails, the sun was showing so I picked yellow….and pink was just a random choice. I usually would never wear yellow on my nails(or well ALL my nails), just not the yellow type of girl, and I’m not a “fan” of pink nail polish…so why not put them together? 😛 Colour blocking colours has been a trend that’s been “in” for quite some time, as well as the whole accent nail trend. Why not give it a go if you haven’t already? 🙂
Products I Used:
- Wanna Be Your Sunshine – Essence (sold at Shopper’s Drug Mart in Canada). They are small bottles, 7mL and only $1.49 so I figured why not – and from my experience, Essence nail polishes seemingly happen to be of quite decent quality, so don’t always judge quality by the price. This colour has gold shimmer in it that’s hard to see with this picture, but in the sunlight it really stands out.
- Bubblegum Pink – Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear. I have had this colour lying around for some time, it’s a very Barbie pink colour in my opinion, kind of a blue toned pink. This colour has silver shimmer throughout, this shimmer tends to stand out and be visible in the sunlight, I think the shimmer really adds to the colour, makes it less dull looking.
I really didn’t want to take off my zebra nails, they still hadn’t chipped! But it’s rather unusual for me to keep the same nail polish on for more than say, 3 days? Just because I like change. Hehe. Soooo, since it’s summer (although the weather surely seems to disagree with that) I wanted to do something “bright” and “summer-y” . So here are some coral nails with white dots at the tips. These are rather simple, but sometimes it’s nice to have SOMETHING going on rather than keeping it plain. 🙂
I haven’t been doing any “NOTD” posts because my zebra nails have held up QUITE well (absolutely NO chipping and they’re still shiny and look as good as new!), and plus I’ve been feeling a little under the weather so I haven’t really bothered to change up my nails ….. which isn’t normal, but yeah, look out for a new NOTD shortly though! 🙂 But until then……
I guess this isn’t much of a “quote” – but whatever. You know it’s true. quote source – weheartit.com
“Turning on sad music and looking out your window and pretending you’re in a movie. It’s priceless.”
As I had said earlier, more animal print! Why do one solid colour when you can use three metallic colours! The more colours the merrier? I did this same look last summer, but with pink instead of purple at the tips.
- Blue colour — I got this colour in Singapore a while back, it’s by a brand called ‘gigi’ – I have been trying to find a similar one here in Canada, but I haven’t had much luck. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment and tell me!
- Silver — Celeb City by Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear. Probably my favourite silver that I own.
- Purple — It’s MY Year – OPI
- Black Nail Art Deco striping polish